In this Podcast, Fyfe talks about how the 2017 real estate market wrapped up in Fernie and the Elk Valley and gives us a peek into 2018..
by Keith Powell
Click here to listen KB Podcasts: https://soundcloud.com/user-246630942/290318podcast
Welcome to Episode #3 of the Fernie Real Estate Company’s Podcast. Our guest is Todd Fyfe, owner and managing broker at the Fernie Real Estate Company based in Fernie. In this Podcast (Episode 3), Todd talks about how the 2017 real estate market wrapped up in Fernie and the Elk Valley and gives us a peek into 2018.
Here’s an outline of the Fernie Real Estate Trends Podcast -- Episode #3:
- Fernie was a HOT real estate market in 2017. With demand outstripping available inventory. This resulted in prices moving up somewhat. However, Fernie and area continues to offer great opportunities in residential single family homes, condominiums, rural properties, ski chalets and ready-to-build lots.
- With inventory low at the start of 2018 the market cooled somewhat, however listing inventory is starting to come back on stream and many great investment/home/recreational property buying opportunities are evident.
- Todd Fyfe clarifies and emphasizes that the BC’s government new “speculation tax” does not apply to Fernie or anywhere in the Kootenay region. No “speculation tax” in the Fernie and area is good news to out-of-area buyers.
- Todd highlights the lifestyle opportunities that this 4-seasons community offers: Including mountain biking, world-class flying fishing, a great golf course and an abundance of hiking and walking trails – not to mention spectacular views and easy, quick access to 4-season recreation.
- Todd Fyfe talks about his real estate team at the Fernie Real Estate Company and the high level of expertise they to the table – this is especially important in today’s complex marketplace. A professional realtor is your best answer to guide you through the process.
We hope you enjoy this Episode #3 of the Fernie Real Estate Trends Podcast and we invite you to join us for future editions. Please feel free to contact Todd Fyfe or one of his team through their website at http://www.fernierealestates.com